The Fenix PD36 TAC Tactical Flashlight is the tactical version of our best selling PD36R. The rotary toggle switch on the tail of the PD36TAC allows you to quickly switch between Tactical Mode, which limits the light to only the highest tactical brightness level and strobe for tactical situations, or Duty Mode which accesses all lighting modes for on-duty demands. Powered by a 21700 battery, this flashlight can throw a maximum 3000 lumens 899ft (274m). Made for law enforcement professionals, the PD36 TAC is impact resistant and has an IP68 rating making it dustproof and waterproof—ready to react to any tactical situation.
Features of the PD36 TAC
- Luminus SST70 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Tactical and Duty modes for flexibility needed choice and operation
- Patented dual-function tactical tail switch for instant tactical activation
- Single-handed toggle switch for mode selection
- Lock out function avoids accidental activation
- Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
- Made of durable A6061-T6 aluminum
- Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
I bought it to replace a 1k light. Huge difference, same footprint. Others have said that the button is different, which it is, but like everything else, you get used to it. The lockout feature is great for when you need to put it in your pocket. The flashlight itself doesn’t have a charging port, the battery does. You need to remove the battery and plug the cord into it. May seem inconvenient to some, but it does give you a chance to check the integrity of the battery, which should be done periodically anyhow. This light is used mainly to clear buildings at night and I would defiantly purchase again.
Brightest small flash light I ever used. Simple and user friendly end switch for tactical purpose. A++